This is my tech nook. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Burning the Midnight Oil
» Cross-posted from http://cubanlinks.org/2006/11/30/burning-the-midnight-oil «
Since I don’t have access to my server from work, making any big changes is difficult since I have to get it done before I leave for work the next day. Sprinkle in going to the gym and eating dinner, and the hours are few and far between.
In any case, I think I’m on my way to locking down my server. Here’s a before snapshot:
- Apache 1.3 (non-SSL) + PHP + Tomcat
- IMAP (plaintext over port 143)
- Sendmail 8.12.8 w/ old conf file
- Apache 1.3 (non-SSL) + Tomcat (my blog)
- Apache 2.0 SSL (my WebMail)
- IMAP (checked over an SSH tunnel)
- Sendmail 8.12.11 w/ new conf file